This is an essential item if you cook for your kids. Initially designed for defrosting and reheating food in the Babycook, these jars are perfect for storing any types of food. They are great for travelling, going out and everyday meals at home. I absolutely love them, I seem to never have enough of them! They are not cheap but if you think about the cost per use, they are worth it.
What I like about them:
1) sterilisable, dishwasher safe, microwave safe and totally unbreakable.
2) air-tight lids, they won’t leak!
3) relatively easy to open and close (even with one hand).
4) graded with clear measurements on the side to give you a good idea of how much food/liquid is in it.
6) good sizes. A typical set comprises 2 maxi portions of 300ml (diameter 9.5cm) and 2 baby portions of 150ml (diameter 7cm). Height of all 4 is 7.5cm. The other baby pots on the market tend to be much too small after the first month of weaning.
7) great for eating out. These pots can go straight from the freezer into a microwave.
8) once the kids grow up, they are still very useful to store half lemons, herbs etc in the fridge or freezer.
9) BPA-free. (not all small pots are!)