I breastfed both my girls for more than 10 months. At times I struggled. Pumping helped me a lot. When I had to store milk I used Lansinoh bags for the milk that I wanted to freeze and and normal baby bottles with a lid, for the expressed milk to be consumed within a day or so.
Of all the bags I tried Lansinoh were the best.
1) Have a double zip to avoid risks of leaks
2) Although they don’t stand up alone, if you lay them flat in your freezer, they can be then stored and organised very efficiently (see below). This is very important if your freezer is not so big and if you have a large amount of milk to store.
3) The write-on tab is located above the fill area to eliminate potential puncture.
4) High quality, strong and durable. Perfect if you have to store milk next to other packaged products in your freezer.
5) Once defrosted they pour very easily into the bottle
6) BPA free.
1) When you freeze your bags, try to get them as flat as possible and with as little air pockets as possible. They will stack better.
2) To have a neater freezer and to find more easily the oldest milk, you can try to group 5/6 bags in a Ziplock bag with the first and last dates on.
3) Never overfill